How Expensive Does Web Design Have to Be?
As someone who requires a website you’ve a number of options ranging from getting your talented nephew to knock a quick site up for you, to employing the services of a professional agency who’ll do a polished and thorough job.
If you can afford the latter it’s the best option because having a strong team behind you means your web site will almost certainly bring in business.
But what if your needs are simple? What if you want a central role in your website’s development, without needing a degree in web design, what choice do you have?
What if you want a hands on role in your website, without needing a PhD in web design?
Websites Require Ongoing Commitment
But did you know a good site will require an ongoing commitment from someone? That someone will be you, the site owner.
Even if you don’t do the work to maintain your site, you’re the owner, it’s your business, so you’ll need to be in charge of directing the site’s growth and visibility online.
The chances are that you don’t know how that is done. This is where a good web agency comes into play as they do know what’s required. But will you listen and act on everything they ask you to do? If you don’t have time to prepare good original content for your site, you agency will have to do this for you which of course won’t be cheap.
How can we help you?
We do things a little differently. Because we understand how important it is (in the majority of cases) to get the site owner involved in his or her website development, we’ve structured our business so that you maintain your site on a daily basis, only getting us involved when you need help.
You pay us a site creation fee and a monthly subscription for the service.
This approach helps keep your costs in check and puts you in control your own online success. How is this achieved?
Your site is created quickly
We use WordPress to create your web site. This means your site is up and running very quickly.
You can add your own content
Because your site is based on WordPress, adding new content is quick and easy for you to do yourself.
We train you in all aspects of creating your own content
Each month you receive training that enables you to understand your next move online, and then to take the steps to achieve that. If at any time you find you need help, we charge you at the time for one on one technical support. Any general questions you have are answered free via a support ticket.
When you’re ready to add advanced features to your site, we can do that for you. You just have to ask and we’ll quote you a price and place you on our premium service.
So what can you look forward to ?
Due to the way we structure your site (using WordPress), your site will be the result of a joint effort brought about by our expertise and your contribution to your own site, facilitated by our training. It’s all built into the web design service:
- Great navigation making it easy for your visitors to find what they need on your site
- Great site design (outward) to reflect your business values
- Great internal design (inward) that means the site works well technically
- A web design team that you can call on at any time to make enhancements to your site
- Great on page search engine optimisation so that your site can be properly indexed by search engines
- Great off page social media and backlink optimisation so that your site gains credibility in the eyes of the search engines (Gold and Platinum services)
- People with the knowledge and interest to continually research the latest internet trends so that your site can benefit from the latest knowledge.
- The ability to get site visitor to take the desired action, be that to buy something, or contact you, book an appointment or sign up for a newsletter. (Gold and platinum services)
- People who can understand the statistics of the website log files and use those to fine tune your site and respond to visitor’s needs. (Gold and platinum services)
- An ability to generate articles that can be added to your site on a weekly basis
- The ability to be able to add new pages to your site at will and enough knowledge to do this so that the page looks good.
- Knowledge of third party add on software to enhance and add functionality to your site.
While we’re based in Devon, our service is available to businesses all over the world. For more information, start at our home page : Power Blog Service, for more information on how our service plus WordPress can be the answer to the website you’ve always wanted.