When To Use The D13Slideshow Plugin
The D13 Slideshow is best used when you want to have multiple slideshows on your site and each image in the slideshow is related to a post or a page.
How To Use The D13Slideshow Plugin
To include a slideshow, either insert the following code into a text widget or for Thesis users include the code within a function in the file custom_functions.php and attach the function to a hook such as thesis_hook_after_headline.
For example, the following code adds a slideshow that displays the custom field ‘promoimage’ for posts with ids, 47, 78 and 102.
- Multiple Slideshows
- Customizable gallery – sizes and colours
- Customizable slide transitions
- Uses post excerpts, if they exist
When Not To Use The D13Slideshow Plugin
- When you have multiple images related to a post
- When the images you want to display are not related to a page or a post
In these cases look at nextGEN plugin instead.